View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 03:34 PM   #25
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It doesn't make sense for Aragorn to challenge Sauron until he is prepared to be King.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>You're right, <B>HC</B>, I had forgotten about the "indecisive Aragorn" of the films. It will be interesting to see how the Paths of the Dead affect him. I wonder if it will be a dramatization of the complete humbling effect that Gimli described after the fact. Again, we'll see!<P>Perhaps, also, since the Aragorn palantir episode is not supposed to happen until after Pelennor Fields (?), the tension is created simply by Mordor being on schedule for an attack on Gondor and Aragorn trying to muster help, the Rohirrim trying to recover and get to the battle and all. I'm not sure I like the sequence of Aragorn's development, but I imagine PJ will make it work logically, at least! Maybe there is some hint of the Ring going to Gondor when the "indecisive Nazgul" that waved 'Hi!' to Frodo in TTT reports back...I must say I'm pretty clueless though! Just enjoy speculating out loud!<P>Cheers,<BR>Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote