View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 06:37 PM   #2055
Larien Telemnar
Wight

Larien Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Larien Telemnar Send a message via MSN to Larien Telemnar Send a message via Yahoo to Larien Telemnar
Larien listened, fascinated with the Bard's voice. It was as if Ulmo himself had blessed this man with the sound of the sea, the words flowing over his tongue and gracing the ears of all who would hear.

She blushed as he complimented her on her voice, once again rubbing the hem of her cloak. When he sang his song, one the Shire-folk knew well, she found herself smiling and humming the tune.

She was taken aback when he told her not to call him 'Lord', but rather 'friend'.

'I would be honored to call you friend, Hearpwine.' Standing, she curtseyed. As she drew herself up again, she noticed another enter the tavern.

The other seemed to float, as if carried by the very air she breathed. Her flowing blonde hair streamed around her as she gracefully strod to the back of the room. Larien noticed her try to brush some mud from her robes as she sat down. After a moment, she brought out a small book.

Larien knew it would not be polite to interupt the lady, as she seemed to want her privacy, yet she couldn't help herself. This other lady reminded Larien of her Grandmother Galadriel, who had traveled across the sea. She missed her so much, and wished to meet this golden lady. She smiled at Hearpwine, excused herself for a moment, and slowly made her way to where the other sat. She stood there a moment, then cleared her throat.

'Excuse me, M'Lady, but I could not help but notice when you walked in. I am Larien, may I sit with you. For a while, anyway.'

Larien you fool. What could such a small and insignificant one such as yourself offer one so truely graceful and stately as her? Mentally, she sighed to herself. Long have I wished to be a true Elf. Now I wish to be truely a Hobbit, yet I belong in neither world. Why am I hear, bothering this lady?

Without knowing it, she started to back away, hoping, by some chance, the lady had not heard her.