View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 AM   #1335
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well bit of a relief that is over... being TP is very tiring! Clever Sally to set up a scenario where I had to play more like him..

I spent hours trying to work the list out - I had a notebook and handwritten charts but then had to redo everything on Excel due to a mistake .... I nearly went frantic on Day 3? because Brinn was dead and Sally had told me I wasn't immortal anymore (I would have been a lot more subtle if I had known that that was going to happen!) and I was scared that I would be killed before I got my kill. And it was at that point I knew I had gone wrong somewhere on my chart.

I finally got my list right literally minutes before the cybercafe shut and after Sally sulked at me wanting to get rid of her slave I just picked Wilwa as on the raw post count being the least active duck being theoretically the hardest to spot. And it was quite a close thing on getting lynched. Nearest I have ever been as a non-wolf.

Of course I was regretting not getting Durelin for a while but having highlighted explicitly every duck but Nerwen (and Wilwa who I killed), and seen the villagers
lynch cobblers instead, I really was seriously considering changing sides. If Nerwen had survived I would have done but then I realised Durie was doomed - and Fea had played so restrainedly.

I chose her as the Werebear immediately and only moved her around my list as a check. Fea takes the game most seriously when she has a special role and I doubted she would have accepted the moddess's contstraints as an ordo or even as one duck of 6.

Annoyingly Shasta was one of my first good spots and I knew Nogrod was a seer early as I tried to show in an early post when I answered him "Nogrod, you see I am not quite myself....."

While I enjoyed the puzzle in an obsessive way once I solved it I lost my power really. I had to be so careful in what I said. Then by accident or design there was never anyone around when I was online.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote