View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 03:00 PM   #52
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Welcome new posters!

Taps out a drumroll..... Below is a list of posters from the Shire who'll be playing in this game. I've indicated their Downs name followed by the name of the character they've agreed to play. We still have two or three joining us. I'll add their names later as needed.

All new posters will need to do a profile for their character.

1. Those whose characters did not appear in LotR, or whose characters were only briefly mentioned by Tolkien, will need to do a full description just as you'd do for any RPG--physical description, personality, family background, etc.

2. Those who are playing characters whom Tolkien described in depth can do an abbreviated profile. You won't need to go into details on personality or physical appearance, but you might want to mention things in their lives that may have changed by the 12th year of the Fourth Age (position in the Shire, marital status, children, etc.).

3. Everyone will need to indicate in your profile at least one other character you think you may interact with during the game. This isn't meant to restrict you, but should start you thinking about the direction that interaction might take. Try to come up with an idea or two on this, and include these in your profile (but make sure to keep any real secrets hidden!).

Go ahead and contact the other poster by private message so you can discuss and plan together.

I've given some examples below for each character. These are not meant to be exhaustive. Please do come up with other ideas, people, etc. as you see fit.

Villains, please note..... We've come up with some initial ideas for the Ferny and Henchman subplot. We will send you those in a private message, since you won't want your plans to go public!

Arelendil - Green Dragon Innkeeper - Needs a full profile. Will interact with your server and with Piosenniel, since she has run the Inn in the past.

Auriel Haevasawen - Bill Ferny's Henchman - Needs a full profile. Will need to get with Ferny (Doug Platypus).

Carrun - Frodo Gardner Gamgee, 10-year old son of Samwise. Needs fairly full profile, since Tolkien doesn't give us a lot of detail on Sam's children. Will probably want to talk with your sibling(s) and later with the children played by Mark 12_30 (Lindo's Snowhobbits and Cami's adopted boys). I will warn you that they can be a handful!

Bill Ferny - Nasty man! Brief profile will suffice, but tell us what you've been doing for the last twelve years. (It can't be good.) Get with your henchman.

Dragoneyes - Pippin. Brief profile will do. You'll want to talk with Merry and/or another buddy from the Ring quest.

Kiara - Green Dragon Server. Needs a full profile. Will interact with the Innkeeper and Piosenniel as described above under the Innkeeper listing.

LadyinWhite - Rose Goodchild - Cami's adopted daughter from the Star. You'll need a full profile since most aren't familiar with her. Let me know if I've given you enough to work with, or we can talk more. Will be involved with Cami (that's me) and
Lindo played by Mark 12_30.

Nuranar - Rose Cotton Gamgee, Sam's wife. Brief profile needed. Your life has obviously changed since your marriage! Tell us how. As best I can tell from the family tree, you already have 7 children, and are very pregnant with the 8th (Daisy!). You'll have plenty to do with Sam and the kids plus acting as the midwife!

Nurumaiel - Angelica Baggins, Bilbo's favorite niece and Cami's childhood friend. You'll need to do a fairly full profile, since Tolkien doesn't tell us much about her. You'll probably want to talk with Cami, perhaps Sam's wife too.

Orual - Samwise Gamgee. Brief profile. I'll be quite curious to see how you feel about seeing Frodo (Mark 12_30) again!

Rose Cotton Rosie Gamgee, eight-year old daughter of Sam. Full profile needed since Tolkien doesn't tell us too much. You'll want to get with Carrun since she'll be playing Frodo Gamgee, your brother. Also, later on, you'll want to talk with Mark 12_30 who is playing the Snowhobbit children from the First Age (remember them!) and Cami's adopted boys (Gaba and crew).

Still waiting on Elanor Gamgee and Merry.

If you have any trouble at all, drop Pio or I a line and we'll be glad to help!

Remember these characters are being carried by the older Star folk:

Mark 12_30 : Lindo the Loremaster; Chidren: 2-3 Snowhobbits, Gamba and crew; Frodo Baggins

Bird the shapechanger: BTW, Bilbo needs to do some planning with you along the lines we discussed.

Piosenniel: Pio and Amaranthas

Mithadan : Mith and Lorien the Vala

Cami : Cami, Bilbo Baggins, Maura Took

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]