View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 12:59 PM   #27
Theron Bugtussle
Wight

Location: Blowing the froth off a couple in this quaint little pub in Michel Delving.
Theron Bugtussle has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Secret Fire said,
Quote:
It may be possible, however, that Smeagol and Frodo would have a better understanding about how Sauron thought and worked because they were inexhorably bound to him by the fact that the ring was a part of Sauron. We can see this when Smeagol talks about the working of the eye and how it watched more places than others. ...in their own way, according to the power of its host, the ring bestowed them some insight into how Sauron thought.
Smeagol had been searching throuhgout M-E for decades for his preciousss, including in and around Mordor. He had practical experience hiding from and being found by that Eye. Not, I would think, a spiritual connection or knowledge, but one from practice and experience.

If there were some spiritual connection, I think Sauron would have invaded and dominated the (relatively) puny mind of Frodo, and Frodo would have gone straight to the nearest Nazgul for spoiling and torture.