Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I want to clarify something for future indication:

Quote:
Rule # 20. from the Red Book of Westmarch:
Clarification of using 'SAVE' in an RPG

Reasons: Often, writers, because of work schedules, or time zone differences cannot post when the majority of the other players are on. In order to keep the game rolling along, they will post a 'SAVE' when they note a part of the game they need to respond to. They can then make their posts when their schedules are free to do so.

Uses: To provide an opportunity for the writer have a space where he/she can insert a post so that it will follow logically in the storyline.

Rules: Keep the 'SAVE' option to a minimum. Don't use it for a crutch, thinking you will get back to the post later - this usually doesn't happen.

*'SAVE's should be gone back to and posted on within a 24 hour time period (& preferably less time than this).

'SAVE's should contain a brief, even one sentence description of what the poster intends to post about.

Other writers are free to post after a 'SAVE' has been put on a space. It is the responsibility of the writer who has posted the 'SAVE' to work within the posts before and after it.

If you decide you are not going to use a 'SAVE', then it is your responsibility to DELETE it from the game.
I don’t have a problem with using ‘SAVE’s because sometimes they are necessary. However, I don’t want the RPG to be a list of consecutive ‘SAVE’s. There aren’t any interweaving plots and vast amount of players in this RPG so it’s really unnecessary to use them so often.

Just because you put a ‘SAVE’ up, doesn’t mean that the situation won’t have changed by the time you get back to it. Putting a ‘SAVE’ will not pause the game for you. Sorry.

*If you don’t post within 24 hours of your ‘SAVE’—unless reason for this is acceptable such as absence and necessity of your character’s reflection is needed—the game will continue to move on disregarding the empty ‘SAVE’.

Thanks!

-Maikafanawen