View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 03:57 PM   #372
Lelarix

Sting

Lelarix walked out of the green dragon inn onto the busy streets. She guarded her sais that were tucked in her belt that tied around her waist. she wore a short black skirt and a black top with one long sleve thats was tied together on her upper arm. her left arm was bare. she stood about 5'7" with long, thick,straight hair of light brown and blond. she had beautiful,emrald green eyesthat were outlined in black. She was a raider. Part ranger and elf, yet she did not have pointy ears like her mother.The only things about her that resembled an elf were her bow and arrow on her back and her hair. She walked to the stables and got her brown horse,ominay. She payed the people and left the town, looking for any groups from isengard and mordor which needed to be stopped.

Important note:

Lelarix,

I would contact you by private message, but you don't have your messages activated. We're very happy to see you posting in the Inn. However, your post needs to conform to the Red Book of Westmarch rules. You will find a thread for that at the top of the Shire screen.

The most important rules are as follows:

1. Posts must be a minimum of 2 paragraphs long with 2 sentences in each paragraph. Doublespace between paragraphs.

2. Check the spelling and grammar including use of capitals. If necessary, compose your post offline using word or a similar program to check for mistakes.

Please edit this post to comply with those rules, or it will be necessary for us to remove it from the thread.

We look forward to seeing your revised post.

Cami, Shire Moderator

[ September 01, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]

Lelarix

I would like you to look at the costume you have put your character in - characters in Middle-earth wear clothes much like those of medieval times - you will not find a woman with a short skirt on.

Also - since your character is Elven (or are you saying she is half-Elven [it is unclear to me] since half-Elven or half-any kind of character in the Shire Inn or games is forbidden) - she will NOT have green eyes. If you wish me to send my references for this to you, let me know. Otherwise, do as Cami and I advise:
  • Follow the paragraph rule found in 'The Red Book of Westmarch'.
  • Capitalize the words that need to be capitalized.
  • Drop the use of the word 'sai' - it is a martial arts term. If you read the Rules for posting in the Shire (The Red Book of Westmarch) you will fincd the use of martial arts in this tolkien oriented forum forbidden. You will simply have to describe them as knives of whatever length and structure you wish.
  • Change the costume to make it more Middle-earth compliant.
  • Change the eye color of the Elf to that of grey or we will accept a grey blue (Tolkien does specify grey)
  • Please read the Facts for the Inn, found on this page - It is the 4th Age, 12 years after the War of the Ring has ended. Isengard and Mordor are no longer a threat.
  • One further bit of advice, when you post in the Inn, your actions must stay inside the Inn or on its property. You may not have your character wander off and have a posted adventure which is beyond the confines of the Inn.
  • Do not attempt to run a stand alone game in the Inn , that is also forbidden. Read the posts on the page you are posting on, and try to fit into the flow of what is happening

Will await your revised post. And will again strongly advise you familiarize yourself with 'The Red Book of Westmarch', the first topic in the Shire Forum. Everyone who posts here in the Inn and in the Games is held responsible for following the rules found there.

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

[ September 01, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]