View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 03:20 PM   #159
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Orofaniel's post - Fippi

The school had been great this day as well. Fippi liked school very much, and also the company of the other children. Now that Berilac had taken them all to the hedge it was even better. Fippi was quite fond of the Hobbit-ranger and he wanted to be like him when he grew old.

This day his dad, Hedgar, was also working and he smile when he saw Fippi coming. "'ello, son," Hedgar said and gave Fippi a stern clap on the shoulder. "You're joining us, eh?" He said and smiled even wider. he seemed very proud of his son.
"Yes, dad." Fippi said in a thin voice and followed the other children.

Then the branch-dragging began, and the small children did very well. They filled the holes that the adult Hobbits didn't manage to do.

Lily, Kari, Fippi and Randy were working on their hole. "Need any help?" Fippi asked Lily as she tried to lift one of the bigger branches. The little girl smiled and accepted. Fippi took a good grip and lifted the branch. They were soon finished, and the four of them were very proud of the work they had accomplished.

"Look!" Kari said. She was pointing at a small insect on the branch. Fippi saw it and gathered the two others that were standing too far away to get a look on it. "What is it?" Lily asked, she was almost sounding afraid.

"Nah....It's just a small insect," Randy said to Lily. "I know that." Lily replied. "But what kind of an insect?" Lily asked again. Fippi didn't know so he shrugged. The others did so too. Lily gave faint smile. "Oh, well," she said. "We should probably finish this up," Randy said after a few moments with complete silence.

[ November 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]