View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #754
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Penny

‘Why thank you, Mister . . . ummmm...’ Penny’s brow furrowed as she realized she had no idea what the gaffer’s name was.

‘Burrower,’ the old fellow offered, filling in the trailing silence. ‘Mr. Burrower,’ he went on smiling as he nodded toward the empty chair across the small table. He waved a hand at one of the servers, motioning her over.

‘Oh, and I’m Penny…Penny Noakes…from Pincup.’ Settling her cloak over the back of the chair, she settled herself on the well worn seat.

‘Some sweet hot tea would be wonderful,’ she said as the server stood by the table, an expectant look on her face. Penny’s tummy grumbled, protesting its empty state; it had been a long time since breakfast. ‘Oh, and could you bring us some hot, buttered toast and maybe a pot of jam…and a plate of nice, crispy bacon?’

Penny grinned at the gaffer. ‘You’ll have a bit with me, won’t you, Mr. Burrower?’ She turned back to the server, ‘Could you make that for three, Miss? My auntie should be in soon. She’s just settling our pony with your stabler.’ Penny glanced toward the door, wondering what was taking her aunt so long.