View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
radagastly
Shade of Carn Dûm

radagastly is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Silmarilllion and a few others in hardcover, and a few paperbacks like The Tolkien Reader, etc. But I miss two posters which I once had but got rid of when I left college. the first was the huge poster that was the basis for the cover of my first set of paperbacks:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...Lord_of_-3.jpg

The second was a poster that came from the inside of a magazine (not sure if it was Fangoria, Heavy Metal or something else.) I don't remember the artist either, but the picture was of Old Man Willow and between the branches were images of important scenes from The Fellowship of the Ring. There were (obviously) two more posters to come that I never acquired. I was in college and eating was more important than posters or magazines. That would have been around the year 1979. If anyone has any info on those, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, I don't have any "stuff" except the DVDs of P.J.'s movies and the books I mentioned. (by the way, The Silmarillion, and The Book of Lost Tales are both first editions. Doesn't mean much to me, but I know there are a few collectors here on The 'Downs.