View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 04:47 PM   #53
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelya sighed and arose as her song ended. She suddenly heard quiet voices not too far away.

"How can I refuse such an invitation from so lovely a creature?" came Melost's voice. Menelya's ears perked up and she drew nearer, seeing her daughter and her daughter's betrothed in a nearby glade, talking and embracing. She quietly watched them for some time. Soon the couple got off and walked further into the woods. Menelya did not dare to follow, as she would most definitely be found out.

Menelya walked slowly back towards the castle. As she approached, she gave a sigh as she saw Thelian come towards her. He engaged her in some typical low-class banter, and she soon tried to escape.

"I apologize, Thelian," she said, "But I have business to attend to."

"Do you need help, m'Lady?" Thelian asked, looking at her.

"No!" Menelya said quickly, then she brought her voice back under control and repeated, "No. Thelian, you are not needed for this activity. It is more social duty than anything else."

"All right, m'Lady," Thelian said, bowing and turning away. Menelya missed the raised eyebrow he gave Dorlas, as Menelya further proved the description he had given of her.

Menelya flounced off away from Thelian, only to be confronted with Arthain nearby. Menelya was no doubt lower than Arthain, so she dared not pass by without a quick bow and a compliment to the captain. Arthain smiled absently at Menelya, obviously thinking of something else. This gained Menelya's interest. She remained by the good captain Arthain, chatting with him and trying to see what worried him. Although she could clearly see that he was trying to dismiss her, she did not give up so easily. Arthain, unlike Menelya, was too polite to push her away, so he entertained Menelya and they spent a good while making small-talk. Finally, Menelya could not it any longer.

"Tell me what bothers you, my Lord," Menelya commanded, rather abruptly. She looked on the captain's astonished face, awaiting an answer, determined not to leave until she found a gratifying answer to her query.

[ May 27, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]