View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 09:40 AM   #296
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
1420!

It was clear mid-summer night in the Shire. Waddgo and Wadigo, the two hobbit brothers thought they'd just enterd a very fine Inn. The Inn was lightful and merry. The tables were full seated with people, men and hobbits. Elves and dwarves. Their chatting voices were loud and their laughter filled the whole room.

The two brothers seated at a table in the coner.

"Nice Inn," Waddgo said while a they were waiting to order. Wadigo nodded.

After a minute of waiting they were ordering beers and good hobbit food, or what they considered to be good food. The food soon arived and the two hobbits were having a pleasent time. Then they saw something in the door that wasn't pleasent at all. It was their mother! Well, they couldn't blame her for looking for them, they were only 13 and 14. But they looked rather old so none at the Inn could figure that they were that young.

"What shall we do?" Wadigo exclamed as soon as he'd indentified the thick hobbit woman in the door.

"I don't know," Waddgo looking rather worried. The hoobit lady, whcih by the way was called Firetty was drawing closer. Luckely the two brothers sat in the corner and wasn't easily noticed.

"Let's sneek out," Waddgo said suddenly. His brother couldn't really stop him, even though he thought it wasn't a really clever idea, beacuse his brother was already on his feet.

Waddgo and Wadigo were now leaving the table without paying, and they were sneaking themselves towards the door. Their mother didn't notice them, so she asked the maid that had taken their orders if she had seen them.

"They are both looking quite old, considering their age. They have both red hair and frencles all over their faces. The one is taller than the other and they are here without my leave!" She said stern. The brothers could hear her, because she wasn't only talking to the maid, the whole room was silent and heard all her words. The crowed turned around and started looking out for them with watchful eyes. Then the maid finally answerd the hobbit lady's question.

"Well, They just ordered, food and beer, at the table in the corner." She was pointing at the table, but the brothers weren't near it.

"Beer, you say?" the lady hobbit repeated.

Then suddenly a voice filled the air;" I've found them," it said and rushed over towards the maid and the hobbit lady.

"Where? where?" She asked quickly.

"There," the man pointed under a table.

The hobbit lady rushed over to the table, ragged the brothers out and rushed towards the door, with them of course. The whole crowd of people that had been watching started laughing as they left and neither the hobbit lady or the brothers were never seen at the Inn again.

[ July 09, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]