View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #512
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
"And if you think this is about feelings, whatever they may be," Degas returned calmly, "then I do indeed question our King's judgment."

As Athanar's sons made to rise angrily, Degas stood, adding, "Nevertheless, I shall depart, as the running of an emnet is neither my responsibility nor my interest, nor is running this household. My lady sister shall doubtless inform me if she requires my aid. I simply bid you to remember that the good people of the Riddermark will not respond fondly to a man that would confiscate the rightful inheritance of an unborn child for his own political gain. Bear in mind at all times what my lady sister signifies and deserves, and treat her with the respect of her position, and we need not quarrel. After all, I have no quarrel with you. Not for the time being, at any rate."

And with that, Degas left the mead hall, thinking perhaps to go for a quiet ride to cool his temper. While he had by no means lost control over himself, he knew that he was not as his most serene.

Yes, he would head to the stables and find his beloved Gleowyn and take her for a run. Perhaps one of the boys might want to race, if their parents had no chores in mind for them...

As he entered the stables, he paused, hearing an unfamiliar voice. It was not Leof, whose voice he knew, but it was the voice of a child. Which, he could not be sure, since the only child he knew here was Leodhern, and she would not be in the stables at his hour.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 10-30-2009 at 06:47 PM.