View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 10:42 PM   #226
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Vieana had taken more pride in their appearance that morning than usual. Partly a side of Vieana wanted to show up Lady Pelien for being so cruel to Finduilas, and partly because she wanted to see how sweet she had to be before the man Brigon would be civil to her. Or at least notice the charm that the sister of her house were known for (besides their notorious practices of spreading tales) as they were in the same, carbon copies of each other with slight variations.

Vieana thought herself lucky, both Elen and Averyll had rejected the maid Lessawen's offer of dressing them that day, which Vieana happily snapped up. After two and a half hours, with their combined effort of Lessawen and herself, they had produced a rather stunning version of the Lady Vieana. Her hair was waved and put up and held in by a silver circlet depicting the Swan of Dol Amroth. And her gown was of light blue.

Vieana emerged from her room down the stairs to the sitting room to find that Averyll and Elen were very skilled and looked equally as impressive. "Well, the show must go on!" Vieana cried as she saw them. "Indeed" agreed Averyll pulling form the cupboard a light bonnet. "I think we will be late if we wait any longer!" Elen fussed when she saw the carriage waiting.

Pelien met them at her dor, and to Vieana's surprise, she was very kind.
Curiouser and curiouser. she spoke to herself as Pelien told them of what they were invited for.

“I thought as much!” Vieana exclaimed to her two companions. It was at that moment that they were met by the men. Brigon looked in surprise at her. And Vieana smiled (not willingly). She held her head high and said nothing. She was forced to sit across form him at lunch, and while she did her best to ignore him she spoke mostly to Adrama. Vieana had realised that she had quite misunderstood this girl, And she hoped that there would be new friendships there, she had wanted to make new friends while in Minas Tirith but had been unable to due to Finduilas. “You see, My husband had not wanted me to come here for so long at least, I came to study medicine. My husband’s father the General, thought it was a grand idea, so poor Dardanir lost out. And it was ever so lucky for me that Finduilas was betrothed at such a convenient time for me, so I came with her. Its true I have been met with some horrible people” she paused looking at Brigon. “Mostly it has been fine.”

Later Averyll suggested that the all take a walk in the garden. Smart little vixen, I wonder what she is playing at? She must be killing herself inside. He really doesn’t seem that bad, at least I don’t think so. She smiled on the outside. He then offered to find Averyll’s cloak. Vieana had tuned out to most of the conversation as she walked beside Elen and Adrama. Adrama really was like the Dol Amroth women. Vieana’s gaze moved to beyond the courtyard. “Look at that view!” she exclaimed walking over for a closer look. She must have stood there longer than she had thought because a minute later there was frenzied shouting from the house. She spun around in time to see Athadan land from a nearby window. Her jaw dropped. “So it was him!” she said as Athadan ran straight past her. Do something! she told herself. There were now guards covering all the grounds. “There he goes!” she called to them. “Go back inside lady where it is safe!” one called to her. And so she did.

[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~