View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 08:28 PM   #216
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As the morning of the luncheon dawned, the morning light streamed through the crack between the thick draperies hanging to the floor from the double doors that opened up to Pelien’s personal balcony. The woman’s face cringed when a ray fell upon her eye, and she turned toward over to face her husband. The couple had made up over the last two days, and Sador knew and understood what had brought Pelien to the point of confronting Finduilas and Denethor. He also knew of what would happen in a few hours at the luncheon.

As soon as she realized what the day was, Pelien’s eyes snapped open, and with a good stretch, she slid her legs over the side of the bed. After a short bath, Pelien chose a simple, yet elegant, navy dress from her armoire, and went downstairs to ensure the house would be to her standards before the arrival of the guests.

Pelien stood over Rummel and her sister, who had been called upon to help cook for the guests, all morning, only stopping for a simple breakfast when Sador and Adrama came down. Everything was coming along nicely, and soon the morning had worn on and the ladies would be arriving any minute. Sure enough, as Pelien stood before her mirror checking that every hair was in place, she heard the door open and voices coming below her. With one last glance at her reflection, Pelien exited her bedroom and met Adrama in the hallway before they both strolled down the stairs to greet their guests.

Three young faces rose to meet their hostesses. All three of the ladies were dress stylishly and Pelien admitted that they did look beautiful.

“Welcome, Ladies. I am glad you’ve come this afternoon. Please, come sit down and let us talk before the men arrive.” Pelien proudly led them across the foyer and into the parlor where she took her place in the high-backed floral chair. As soon as Adrama, and the others were seated, Pelien continued. “I think you should know why I asked you here today.” Leaning forward and looking each of them in eyes, Pelien described to Averyll, Vieana, and Elen the basics of what would happen in the next hour or so. She also explained her reasoning in choosing them. “I know you came to me at our last meeting because of your love for the Lady Finduilas, and at last I understand your motives. Because of the nature of this meeting, I feel you three, in some way, deserve to be a part of righting the wrongs toward your Lady.”

[ September 20, 2003: Message edited by: alaklondewen ]