View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 07:35 PM   #7
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think it'll get better; first of all there's the all-important quote from PJ that TTT diverged the most from the books, and God knows that was true enough. ROTK should be an easier job in a few ways, because you're getting the characters all back together, not just tracking them through three or four separate storylines. Faramir will need some work, but considering how much buildup they gave to Aragorn and Arwen, I imagine he'll get a pretty deep makeover very quickly. The scene with Denethor might be the one that turns the audience to his side, and makes them ready to accept that he and Eowyn go together. (Somebody pointed out in another thread that we might still see the "not if I found it in the highway would I take it" bit - just when he's talking to Denethor). Thus will Faramir son of Denethor be redeemed.<P>I want to see Pippin steal the Palantir too; they're probably not going to do it (time constraints) but it seems rather important for Pippin's development - the fact that he's CHOOSING to do this (albeit he's feeling called, the same way he was by the stone) and must take his medicine for it afterwards is a big step; less of the "Oops" Pippin and more of the "I did it, it was wrong, I must make amends" Pippin, if that makes any sense.<P>Diamond - Is that Mrs. Miniver you're talking about? Dreadful. And have you ever seen the Greer Garson/Lawrence Olivier "Pride and Prejudice"? Now that was just unforgivable; we think Faramir was treated harshly, have you seen how they changed Lady Catherine?