View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 06:28 PM   #5
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> After this low point in book to movie relations <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree that this was a low point for PJ so far (and I hope it remains to low point for RotK's sake!) I wouldn't call it a low point in book to movie relations on the whole. I mean, compared to adaptations of other books that I have seen. I have watched book to movie travesties that made me want to retch or pull out my hair. I'm thinking of "Mrs. Mike" as I type this. A very good book based on true events that was turned into the most idiotic, sickening and cloying example of everthing that is wrong with 1940's movies. So I've done a good deal of ranting about the mistakes in TTT, but when it comes right down to it, I've seen worse. Oh so much, much worse.<P>I want to see Pippin <I>steal</I> the Palantír, not just pick it up at Isengard and glance in right away. I want to be scared to death by Minas Morgul. I want Pippin to slay a troll all by himself, and I want the Éowyn/Merry/Witch-king scene to be exactly like the book. But more than anything I want Faramir to grow back into the book character. I want people to really feel sorry for Faramir when Denethor treats him like dirt and I want to be able to cheer when Éowyn and Faramir fall in love. In short, I want Faramr back the way he was.<P>I'm not worried about Shelob. That's PJ's element and he'll give that everything.