View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #66
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
That'll be great! Tansy herself has travelled quite a lot for a hobbit (but probably less than Brown). Fred could advise Tansy that they should take Brown along. Tansy would think she knows the places well enough (if you remember, she was a proud person), but wouldn't want to displease Fred nor say that Brown can't come since it's never a bad thing to have more people with them, especially if they're people who would be useful to have around... This is going to be fun! *smells a conflinct in the air*
Hooray! Seems the story's beginning to unfold. I can't wait to see it start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elempi
Brandy Hall of Buckland?
I meant Buckland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
Hugo being a "semi-retired" drover (if there is such a thing in the Shire), he may still have a pair of horses and a wagon for travel on the roads of the Shire.
Are you sure about horses? Is that not a little too... big?

Concerning the eventual reasons for taking Michael along, if the idea of lacking equipment was too problematic to realise, then I got another idea, kind of drastic, but maybe in the end it would be more interesting... That would be because he wants to go with the party, Michael is going to lie (!) and (after learning where they are heading to) he says that he was at the North Moors once and saw a walking tree there. This could be a good reason for the others to take him along. "I-if you take me with you, I-I could, erm, I could show... I mean, show you the place." Either way, I'm counting with that he's going to encounter the party the way that he sees them and follows them (out of interest) to the point that it starts to seem suspicious (and some of the more active characters can come and interrogate him).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories