View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 11:41 AM   #289
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Relieved that he guessed most of his words right, he still made a mistake, after all Colren seemed to have money. He was also starting to guess where he was, at least he now knew that this was an inn of some kind. Nice guy, this Dick. For his kindness I have to at least present myself. Ah, can't even remember my name... this tumble, I fainted. That must be the reason for this confusion. But so far all has been fine, I'll just continue like this.

"Master Seredic, nice to meet you! I go by the name..." It must be, "Krohn", I remember I've heared this many times, it's my name! "...Kro..." No, wait, it can't be, I feel that this name is lost... dead. No no no, what is going on. I'm called... "Ne", no. "Nor", yes... wait. No! "Na"? "Naren"? Yes, this is it! What's the difference anyway, I shall be called "Naren", nobody will care if I'm not really "Naren". "...Naren. As for my collapse, I'm quite fine now. I'll come to the hall, I would enjoy music over anything, exept food!"

Colren, or Naren as he now thought of himself, followed Dick to the door but then remembered. "Excuse me, I'll just arrange my belongings and tidy myself somehow. It won't take long." Dick nodded and left the room. "Thank you!" shouted Naren.

Now, some time to see more about my past. Colren sat down on the bed and took out his pouch. It was made of strong leather and by the wait and size did contain something interesting. Hmm... Surelly this can't belong to the same man who is in clothes as ragged as mine. He slowly opened the pouch with his eyes closed... As Colren opened his eyes, he dropped the pouch with and let a shout of astonishment.

His pouch was full of gold! Golden coins! By the look of them, the coins were from Gondor. But that was not all Colren's pouch contained. There were neatly put letters. Colren took the first one, an old and weathered letter and opened it. He read it once, then again, and again. A tear came down his cheak...

The letter was dated III 2937. And written by a woman called Elisi, just a typical love-letter: lots of promises and complaining how evil parents are. But of course to Colren, who still didn't know his real name, for the letter was adressed to "My Love", this meant much. He remembered something, Elisis eyes. He lived with her after her father died. Anything else Colren couldn't understand yet. He also desided to read the rest later.

Colren hid his pouch and exited the room, to confirm the house to be an inn. He walked to the door looking around and examening the smallest details, Colren literaly bumped into a younger but stouter hobbit, smelling of fish. The two fell on the floor. Colren was the first one to recover. He helped the hobbit to his feet and said "I'm terribly sorry. I was lost in my thoughts. Hope you aren't hurt." But the hobbit didn't look hurt, rather suprised. "Oh, my name is Naren." Colren added with a smile.

Last edited by Volo; 09-27-2006 at 12:41 PM. Reason: The letter's date was wrong, sorry...