View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #106
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Linduial blushed and dunked the earthenware dishes Lord Eodwine handed her in the rinsewater, then dried them, not quickly, but carefully, as though they were finest porcelain. "My father allowed me to make this journey on the condition that I did not travel alone, and his steward, Marenil, was sworn to my guardianship. He was happy to come, but he was to exact an oath of you that you would protect me and my honor as my father and my brothers might, and then return home."

She paused to carefully stack the plates on a counter, thinking through her words carefully. "But now he is ill, and the healer my cousin sent from Meduseld says he must stay in bed for at least a week, and mustn't think of travel for six months. I have written a letter to my father that I need to post, telling him what has happened, but Marenil cannot discharge the duties of his oath, and I would like to tell him that someone has taken his place as my guardian." She paused.

"And in a more prosaic tone, my trunks should arrive with a merchant caravan from Minas Tirith in the next week, and I would like the advice of you or the Ladies Saeryn or Gudryn on a suitable gift to send to the healer in thanks for Marenil's care."