View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #97
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Linduial narrowed her eyes momentarily. Not wed, she'd believe. But the Lord as only Saeryn's friend and protector? She wasn't so sure. Mayhap the lady herself was unaware of the impression her actions with Eodwine gave. But the reason Saeryn had come here, that she could definitely understand.

"I fear we are much of a kind, you and I, Saeryn," she said with a sardonic smile. Her tone and the smile spoke a great deal toward her comfort with this newfound ally. "Ostensibly I made this journey to visit the Queen. She's my first cousin, on my father's side...but she was always more the companion of my brothers than myself. The real reason was because my father was contemplating a marriage for me, with a lad who I suppose I had no real issue with, but... I convinced him, with Marenil's help, that I should make this trip." Here a sparkle in her eye gave a hint of how, exactly, she had managed to do the necessary convincing. "Marenil is Father's steward, I didn't expect him to back me up. But naturally, with me in Rohan, the negotiations for the wedding couldn't possibly go through..."

She giggled, but there was definitely a tense note in her laughter. She was a lady of the House of Dol Amroth, it was part of her duty to her house to wed, and she had no problem with that. But she wanted it to be on her terms. She wanted to have what Marenil had...what Saeryn and Eodwine seemed to have, admit it or no. That ease with each other, and that warmth...