View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 02:03 PM   #133
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Cami and I pulled a storyline of our own from the Inn (happening timewise consecutively with the Inn's period) and created an RPG from it, but we still continued to post in the Green Dragon Inn. I did not see the storyline of the Inn as interfering with the storyline of the Game - they were two different entities, with no hopes of meshing, other than the fact that my character remained true to the way I had developed her.

The Inn, as it stands now, is a sort of anomaly. It would not exist in an actual Tolkien work in this form. And that is why you had to move the location of your action for your actual Game.
Well, if that is the case, then I guess there is no problem if Elora wishes to continue posting in the inn. Being a purist, I had a serious problem regarding continuity issues.

Like Hilde, I was concerned about the twilight zone effect and felt that our characters and situations had been given short shrift and been blown off like so much dandelion fluff.

I'm still not entirely comfortable with the idea of concurrent posting, but if the two threads will be maintained as totally separate entities, then I guess Elora can do as she pleases.