View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 11:29 AM   #142
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I also disagree with Gal about lists being vague and useless. I personally find them quite helpful; without them it’s easy to stick to talking about the loudest, most controversial villagers and topics and let others fly under the radar completely. This tends to serve wolves better than innocents since odds are at least some of them are among the quiet, less attention-seeking crowd.~Greenie
So to stay away from any more lists. Let me try a theoretical "how Day 1s go (in my mind)" approach.

In general, is it agreed that the "under the radar" group is larger than the "loud/active" group? Is it also agreed that Day 1 voting feels like such a shot in the dark?

In the larger group of "under the radars" there are most assuredly wolves. Larger group, easier to stay on the outskirts. A Day 1 vote for a player in this group is low risk, but low reward. Because a lot of the "under the radar" Day 1 behavior is also a sign of ordo villagers who don't have much to say, due to a lack of Day 1 information. And they are forced to wait for information to go on.

Then there's a smaller group of "loud/active" players, and the "under the radars" need this group to stir conversation/discussion. A day 1 "shot in the dark" vote for someone in the smaller group is higher risk, but also higher reward. It's a smaller group so better percentage the shot hits a wolf. Higher risk though because that shot could also inadvertently hit a gifted.

Sometimes I'm in favor of the higher risk, sometimes not. In general I try to follow a "let the active players duke it out and lynch each other" and leave the under the radars to the gifteds, to whittle down and figure out. Because as the days go on, even the "under the radars" have to step out and leave a record.

On a separate note. In a matter of personal taste, the cobbler is my favorite role to play. I guess there's that bit of cause mischief in me that I really enjoy. I don't think anyone proposed lynching a suspected-cobbler over a suspected-wolf, but agree with the sentiment that it's helpful to point out cobblerish behavior. At the end of the day the cobbler doesn't know any of the wolves, so in their own nefarious scheming they could in fact be more harmful to outing wolves than actually helping them. In one way or another the cobbler is the most beneficial when sacrificing for the pack (counts as an innocent lynched). So, it's really not beneficial to lynch a suspected-cobbler.

I read the Lommy's and other posts of "well that's a cobblerish suggestion" as not to say "let's lynch the Legate-looking cobbler" but "Let's take this suggest plan with a grain of salt/diversionary tactic."

Edit: Much cross-posting

Last edited by Boromir88; 05-05-2020 at 11:33 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote