View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 05:06 PM   #112
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Sting

Amarië looked at the maiden. A tear began to well up in her eye. She had to; she had to break the bonds that held her. She looked at the ring that sat on her finger.

'Túrelie...' she said, the name that she had spoken so long ago. She had to do it, she just had to. She would not let them win. It was time to tell Túrelie about her past. Even though Amarië was sworn to secrecy, she had to let that go, even though she may lose her life for it.

'I do know of your past, but I was unable to tell you. The gem you hold on your finger, I have the same one,' she took out the wooden box, and opened it, revealing the gem that glowed even in the darkness of the rain. She shut the box and took something else out of her bag. It was a letter. She handed it to the maiden, 'Here, this will explain it...'

Amarië turned and walked into the rain, placing her hood back onto her head, which was soon soaked from the drops that fell onto the dirt ground and splashed in all directions. Thunder roared in the distance. Amarië stood in the rain for a few moments, her head lowered and she felt a deep regret in the back of her mind. Who knows what this could lead to, but she also felt a sigh of relief. The bonds holding her prisoner had now been cut, and she only feared for her life, and Túrelie's...

Amarië went into the inn. The last thing she needed was to catch a cold.

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'