View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 04:01 PM   #94
Lumiel

Lumiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sitting quietly at her table, Lumiel felt lonely. More so than she had ever been. She knew how to handle being alone for long periods of time, but being with people and yet barely acknowledged made her uncomfortable. She laid no blame on the people themselves, she was a shy, quiet young woman who was unused to socializing.

Her mind wandered as did her gaze, but she came back into focus as she heard Uien's voice telling her tale. Her heart beat faster, here was a chance for her promise! She breathed deeply and exhaled. Perhaps, she thought, perhaps it is, and perhaps not. She looked at Uien and Lira, and watched them leave for the stables. Putting a hand to the hilt of her sword, she gained courage and followed them a few minutes after.

As she stepped out, she took a relieving breath of fresh air. She much preferred the open air to anything else. Glancing about, she saw the stables nearby and quietly made her way towards them with light steps, her cloak flowing softly behind her.

As she stepped into the stalls, she saw the two women and realized that they were in conversation. Bringing a hand to her mouth, she cleared her throat and looked at them with sea green eyes. "E-excuse me, I overheard what you were saying in the Inn Miss Uien; not that I was trying to pry into your business or anything it's just that..um.." she stuttered, pointing to her elven ears in explanation of her having overheard the conversation. With a pink flush in her cheeks, she continued. "You said you needed people to help you rescue this man, and I would be honored to join you. My name is Lumiel Rovalhir. I have some skill in herbs and such, and also in swordsmanship." she laid a hand to her sword, "If you would rather not have me, I understand, but I would be forever grateful for a chance..." she lowered her voice to be barely audible, talking more to herself than anyone else as she whispered, "for my promise."

She looked to the ground and shuffled her feet a bit, feeling very uncomfortable and foolish, especially since they were elves. Bringing her eyes back up, she looked at Uien with turquoise eyes that pleaded for a chance, but held a certain pride in them too.