View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe View Post
I too was surprised by the Orcs piping up in their own language..they even had an evil font (compared to the nice clean elvish subtitle font) for the subtitles too!
Really? I need to pay attention to that if/when I go to see it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe
I'm glad they had him screeching out the origins of Glamdring and Orcrist too.
Exactly: that was one of the things I was positively surprised about because I thought they'd skip it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe
Sympathetic orcs..well, saved their leader from book death haven't they, shouldn't he have died somewhere in that scene- which could have nicely introduced/linked us to another important character Dáin, who they earlier mentioned in the "gathering" would not be coming to their aid- but instead is now just a name we hear. Why did they decide to have Azog live on and not introduce Bolg into their interpretation of the dwarf/orc vendetta? Bolg doesn't sound as cool or poster worthy as Azog I suppose..
I was wondering about Bolg and Dáin too. I wonder if Bolg will appear at all, and if they will botch Dáin's coming (because in the book it's hard not to like him immediately, and despite all the sadness it's kind of happy that he becomes the king instead of Thorin)...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote