View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #1124
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Wow, this RPG seems to have gotten more attention in the last week that I was gone than in the entire previous month! Nice to see things moving along.

I agree with Nogrod, Tevildo, you can go ahead and take over the female child Orc.

As far as the plotline goes, it seems that right now, without the influencing factor of the females and children, the side advocating letting the male Orcs live would probably win out eventually - so the appearance of the females and children will not be so much the deciding factor as the way to convince those who are arguing strongly for killing the males. That's how it seems to me, anyway.

Now, Grask's typical way of dealing with situations is to stay unobtrusive and hope things work out for the better without him becoming involved. He won't do anything so impetuous as run out into the midst of the Men unless it looks strongly as if the males will be killed - as in, they're at sword point. This doesn't look particularly likely with the direction the plot is heading right now.

On the other hand, I could see the females maybe showing themselves (perhaps telling the female child to stay hidden 'just in case'?) - this would take the focus off the children and allow them to get into some trouble. Additionally, if the male orcs burst out of the pit to protect their women, it would show a more 'human' side to the Orcs. Somewhere in here it would be useful if they moved away from the pit a bit so that the children are unnoticed.

In the meantime, the children (as Grask watches... he still hasn't come out of hiding) get into trouble in the pit. He comes out to see what's going on, realizes the trouble and gets help...

OR... when Grask sees the women go out, maybe he finally gets up the nerve to actually approach Azhar. (Are Azhar and Kwell the only human children we're working with?) If the female child orc is hidden, he could show her to Azhar (and Kwell)... otherwise, they could just wander off together to leave the adults to work it out. If it goes this way (and I think this is more interesting), I think it would make more sense if they were all down in the pit, and then maybe Grask was the only one able to make it out rather than just having him stay at the top.

Thoughts?