View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 06:53 AM   #10
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Lúrëaelda

Lúrëaelda saw Cree sway and caught her as she fell, "What's wrong with her!" Durin cried. "I am not sure?" he whispered "But we should give her room. Together they gently lifted Cree into a nearby chair. As they did a cheer rose in the room.

"To the happy couple!" he looked up briefly to see a throng of people, elves, men and hobbits alike toasting his mother and his soon to be stepfather, he smiled warmly, then turned back to Cree.

She had told him that she was bonded to the crow in some way, perhaps the same as he was to Draug, Cree was older than him. 'is this the fate that awaits me also?' he wondered 'will what ever was done to me try to take over?' he looked up again to his parents and he saw Aman standing next to them.

"No!" he whispered determinedly seeing their smiling faces "I will not let it, I will never hurt those I love and I do not believe this elf would either."

Cree was right it would catch up to him eventually, but as he looked at the happy couple it pained him, how could he tell his mother he was leaving, just when she found happiness. But he smiled as he remembered the words of Celeborn when he had argued that he could not leave her, 'She will understand, she always has'. with that thought he resolved himself to leave on the morn.

Taking a small round tin from his pocket he opened it and waved it gently under her nose, "What is that?" the dwarf asked suspiciously, "Just smelling salts" he answered as Cree began to stir.

"I am Journeying to Rhosgobel on the morn, come with me Perhaps together we can find the answers we seek?" he asked helping her up.

As he waited for her answer, he planned to speak with Aman, he knew that she could help them with supplies but that was not his reason for wishing to speak to her. There was something between them he could feel it, and his mother saw it also and although he understood why she did not approve he could not go without first speaking to the young Rohirrim woman.

"You should never give up hope we may yet find your father!" he whispered Sensing the elf's hesitation.