View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #54
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
His random vote, obviously. And actually, that looks a lot more like an Aganwolf looking for an easy lynch. I remark on one of the few noteworthy things that had happened– and you call it suspicious? Why?
I hope for the sake of the whole village that this is not a wolf-on-wolf suspicion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Do votes for character names count? I'd be inclined to think no, but that's for our good moddess to clarify.
Okay, so our Moddess has already clarified that they do, but just a remark to this - maybe anyway for the sake of clarity, it would be better to use votes with people's names so as to make the orientation easier (well, we can look it up if we don't remember the particular person, but it also lowers the risk of casting a mistaken vote for Knight instead of Knave or whatnot). In any case, if people don't want their votes to count, then I would kindly ask people not to use them, or if so, then at least not highlight them, as that totally ruins the point and makes a mess out of the situation. But anyway, I assume that ww's vote was supposed to be "real". But just theoretically technical remark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingziladun
Sometimes those wolf-on-wolf votes can backfire though, eh Boropillar?
That name sounds just awesome I could start using it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by still His Majesty
I didn't see it that way. That vote should receive some scrutiny, and I don't think she was overly eager about suspecting ww.
In general I agree with the remark, just seems to me however that Inzil just mentions it, but does not contribute much own thoughts on the Fea-issue himself, even though he thinks it "should" (emphasised) receive some scrutiny. Inzil doesn't seem to be very elaborative in any matter, however. The question however might be why is that. He's rather more... "quiet" than usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
*is rediculously happy I made you the Jabberwocky*
Ah, but it was my pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Anyway, on a more serious note, I don't think that Fea's vote is all that suspicious. It is fairly common knowledge that reading poems and song parodies (as entertaining as they can be) can be a pain. I for one skip over them whenever they appear. And our dear Red Queen does have quite the temper...

wintywinty's vote is more suspicious. I do agree with whoever suggested it might be of a wolfish nature and xe was told to act newbieish to allay suspicion. Or it could be a newbie mistake. People do tend to follow Fea for no reason.
This seems a bit curious to me, as it's basically measuring two people with a different metre, whereas the difference is not that big. Or, there is a difference, Fea was first, yes, but still - this is outright defending the Red Queen on quite clearly defined grounds (explaining her psychological processes), which do not necessarily need to be "the" true reasons, as Fea didn't this far give any explanation on her own... Whatever, just remarking, I find this behavior just somewhat strange.

EDIT: x-ed with Lommy (okay that was the explanation I thought you meant) and WW (okay that is not an explanation in my book, even though in some other book it might be)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote