View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #504
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“Now, Thornden, they are gone sooner than even we had hoped. I must go now.” Saeryn’s voice sounded relieved, but also adamant. “Someone has to go to Edoras anyway, and tell the king what has passed. I am the best person for it.”

“Not to mention that you want to see Eodwine,” Thornden said.

“Well, of course. That goes without saying. You don’t mind now, do you?”

“You give the orders, lady,” Thornden said bowing.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Thornden,” Saeryn said, walking past him. “You give the orders now, until Eodwine and I return. I’ll leave within the hour, and then you’re in charge.”

“Are you riding alone?” he asked, turning to still face her. She paused in the doorway.

“Yes. We can’t spare anymore people from the hall. See that the work is continued on the building.”

She had her saddlebags packed and she was warmly cloaked and hooded in well under an hour. The people of the hall gathered to bid her farewell and she waved as she trotted out of the yard.

It was past dark as she neared the gates. She hoped they would let her in. The temperature was dropping swiftly and she and her horse were tired – they had been going hard all day. At the gates she was stopped, but with minimal explanation, they let her through almost immediately, and they told her where Eodwine could be found.

“Is he any better?” she asked Ćđel as she came into the room where Eodwine slept. She pushed back the hood from her face and Ćđel rose to greet her.

“No, he has not improved,” she replied, after kissing her.

Saeryn unfastened her cloak and Ćđel took it from her. Then she went and sat by Eodwine’s side and took his hand in hers. “I will stay with him tonight, Ćđel.”