View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #14
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The AKM exclusive interview with Maedhros

The AKM finally managed to sit Maedhros down for a chat on how things are starting to form with him and the teams of Beleriand. Maedhros turned out to be a polite and unexpectedly open interviewee - the most agreeable person of all the Fëanor's sons, as his reputation has it - and thus we're proud to publish the interview in it's entirety.

~*~

The AKM: Nice to have you with us for a short moment Maedhros. So how are you feeling right now, looking at the prospects for a totally new kind of season ahead?

Maedhros: It’s always a great pleasure to play with my best friend Fingon. And even if my brothers don’t always agree with me, they were interested in backing up our team this year – and getting Turgon on board was a gift from heaven. So yes, I’m looking forwards to this, not the least as a revanche or a reliving of the Nirnaeth… and we’ll make it better this time!

The AKM: So the rumours are true then, that Turgon is riding to aid you two, like back then? What kind of a host will he bringing with him?

Maedhros: There’s no use for 10 000 bright swords on a football field if not as fans. But we could have had use with someone like Huor, that I must admit.

The AKM: So short on cash you have hired an expensive Balrog instead? The very same who burnt Fingon, am I right?

Maedhros: Well, technically you’re correct.

The AKM: Technically? Could you elaborate?

Maedhros: We don’t have resources in abundance like some others have. Yes. And we have hired a Balrog, the very same you mention. But we got him almost for free – so the picture you try to portray of our situation is not fitting with the truth. There is a deal brokered between the investment groups of the first houses of men and Melkor where the men get to invest in team Anfaughlith and he invested some in our team – where these first houses of men are partners as well. And when the first men promised to support our team with top quality players almost free of charge, there was no reason to turn the offer down.

The AKM: Didn’t the men fail you the first time as well? Where is your trust stemming this time?

Maedhros: Inter Beleriand is financed and thus run by Oath & Blood Alliance and NGOL Jewel * with 20% share each, and my personal investment is 15%. Fingon and Turgon will also have a 10% share each, so the influence of Evil House and the Houses of the first men; Old Bëorn House, Hador House and Great Heart And No less in Valour, is only a quarter. And with our majority share we’ve had a strong position in the negotiations on players to hire. We are not hiring the easterlings or other treacherous men, trust me on that.

The AKM: Can you reveal any names?

Maedhros: Masterful and fearless Haldad, The forefather of all the people of Haleth, with Brandir the learned, will secure our defence under the lead of the Balrog.

The AKM: Don’t you mean Brandir the lame? How secure will your defence be with cripples trying to deny enemy forwards?

Maedhros: Watch your tongue mr. reporter… we have size, power and stamina in our backstairs with the Balrog and Haldad, but a good team also needs brains and understanding.

The AKM: And what would be the prize-tag for them?

Maedhros: As I said, they’re coming more or less free, with a nominal pay I’d say.

The AKM: So you’re hiding one or two big fishes still, aren’t you?

Maedhros: Time will tell… all I can say is that the team is not yet ready.

The AKM: With the sort of regional grouping of the first-round games it’s easy to bet you will be meeting AC Beleriand already on the first round, as well as the iron-hard team of Anfaughlith. What do you think are your chances to qualify?

Maedhros: Going against your dad is always challenging, especially when talking about my father… and through our participation with the Oath & Blood Alliance to the financing of the AC Beleriand I know there will be some top quality players involved besides him. I’m hoping all the best for that team and hope it gets far in this tournament. Our task is to knock the other teams off – and why not beat even them? *glees*
But whoever comes agains us, we stand tall like we always do. It would not be the first time we pushed against Balrogs, mind you. And Fingon especially has some scores to settle on that front. But you know, all this with the opponents coming against you on the first round is just speculation, so I’d rather not get myself involved with it any more than this.

The AKM: You said you had some knowledge through the investment group of you and your brothers about the players in AC Beleriand. Could you reveal us anything about it?

Maedhros: Well, it is basically up to them to reveal what they will and when they will. But I think I can confirm the rumours that the High Princes are together once again: my dad is making it good with his half-brother, yes he is. And the houses of the first men will supply the bulk of that team as well. They’re having a class weighier pocket-book Inter Beleriand has, mainly because of my dad’s personal involvement, and so you should look forwards to some quite interesting assignments to be revealed soon.

The AKM: Any hints on the names, if you would?

Maedhros: It isn’t my job to do that even if the investment group I am a member of owns 15% of the team. But well, let’s make it a quizz, shall we? Maybe I own stakes enough to do this…
So one of my dad’s team mates married a sister of my team mate and things he made made difference later on in other hands, like killing another one of my team mates; and another tried to take something that wasn’t his by any right from someone who had no right to possess those things either, and his son and his stubborness was partly the downfall of our family.

The AKM: Uh… I think I have a clue now, but let’s leave it to the readers?

Maedhros: Let’s leave it. Now excuse me, I’m off to have a strategy-meeting with Fingon and Turgon.

The AKM: Thank you for your time.

* Noldor Investment Group

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-03-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote