View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 08:59 AM   #630
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Yep! It's kinda baffling, and exciting. After Prison, there will just be... the final trio? Plus (hopefully) a complete revision of Doriath Duet, and a musical touch-up of Duel. Plus other more minor touch-ups as desired, but those are the two I feel need to be brought up to par. And then optionally a gag reel with some of the parody stuff. Oh, and an "exit bow" potpourri, if we wish. A mere trifle.
Okay now you're making it sound long again. I'm still missing several character portraits too (looking at you Sauron) but even so!

Quote:
This makes me a little nervous. Because I went through yet another pair of earphones again, and every time I change them, the music sounds a little different (eg currently I have one pair which has very shrill flutes and quiet bases, and one that has nice rich bases but quiey upper register woodwinds). I am paranoid that when I balance the volumes, it will be set to a certain type of earphones/speakers, and it will sound awful or at least weird when played from someone else's computer. I thought the melody in Prison is very traceable - the vast majority of the lines are scored 1:1 with the melody. So if it's hard to trace... Uh oh, what's going on with my sound???
Nope, I think it was my brain. I've checked again and it's mostly a matter of catching the start of some lines: "Wind blowing" is a big example, and the "last horn" line. But I wasn't saying it as a bad thing! I can hear the melody for sure, but there's all this structure around it. It sounds good!

Quote:
Whyever not? I mean, sure, we're not as good as the professional guys doing this on stage - but then again, we ain't all that bad either. I like listening to our old stuff. I like the way it turned out. :-)
Ehhh. I think I can just hear too clearly where I've messed up the volume balancing between us, where I had a cold while singing, or where I just sound like I'm singing into a microphone and pasting it on later (which... I was). Also I cringe at the voices I sometimes put on.

I'm considering whether to get a somewhat better microphone/headset for Christmas; if I do, that might lead to a rash of re-recording (which would probably be good for consistency anyway). But that's not a right now thing.

hS