View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 08:22 PM   #624
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ah, and I missed the edit on your previous post too. How inattentive of me. Let me reply to the whole post properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I wasn't sure whether you were giving Melian two "madness" triads? The music is there, so I sang it, but when you record you can do whatever you intended. I've also shuffled the Feanorians around a bit to make them match Version 2 better (the Finrod passage).
More echo-y! The Feanorians work well.

For Melian, I had a vague recollection that we (maybe?) settled on doing one sung stanza followed by one musical fade-off. Initially I wasn't gonna sing the second repeat. But that is also subject to experimenting - do you feel like it's better sung? Does it make a difference for visuals? I really think it could go either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I also got most of the missing videos back up - I think I only have 3 of the main songs to go, plus the live & Elvish versions. I might get that finished tonight, we'll see.
That was probably a ton of work. I will go through them and update our "top post".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Also: my children have asked if they can sing some of the songs. I've said I want to create a short (3-4 song) version of the Zong and record them performing it. Given that there's only two of them (plus me if I'm needed, as... Sauron, I guess?), any thoughts on how it should run? I should note that the only song they ever learnt any of was the Lament. ^_^

With a little narration, something like Lament - Appeal - Camp - Duel - Truth - Epilogue might work? With one child as Finrod, one as Galadriel and Beren, and me as Sauron? Dropping Lament and the Epilogue would make it shorter, but I think they'd enjoy them. ^_^ ~hS
Oooh! Well, I think Lament/Epilogue is the bread of the sandwich with whatever filling you pick, they don't overlap with anything. But now that you've done Quarrel, would it make sense to introduce the Sons of Feanor? Maybe do a little Appeal-Renunciation-Quarrel run? Except technically Renunciation has 4 singers, with Beren's single line. And it does require them to flip roles back and forth, the roles would not be consistent between songs. What you suggested is actually a very reasonable combination, where the roles are pretty well balanced and the abridged story makes sense. Ultimately though - if they like a song, it should be done, sense or no sense.

I have actually been thinking of trying to do some video filming on my end as well, plus or minus coordinating with you or other people to actually do some live action songs with female roles. But I am so far from bringing the idea from the highly hypothetical to something more concrete that it's not something for the near future.