View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 04:29 AM   #29
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
If you and Priya Seth want to interpret the "30 silver pennies" as a biblical allegory and Judas connection in LOTR...go for it. No one's going to stop you. However, when you post on a forum, inviting the community to read and discuss something someone wrote then take umbrage with the response from members of the community, you aren't seeking learning or understanding. You're not looking to contribute to the community. You're only looking to spam it with Priya Seth's doggerel, which means you're either Priya Seth, or you're getting paid to get traffic to her website.
Exactly. I lost my taste for the "Priya" threads early on, because it seemed clear that Balfrog was less interested in honest discussion than in hammering away to prove "her" theories, as if proof was possible. Just because it might be doesn't mean it is, and I'm much more inclined to believe the words of Tolkien and his son about the books' inspirations and origins, than I am of an internet "scholar".

Lastly, I rather dislike threads of this sort anyway, because I think Gandalf really did (and does) have a great deal of wisdom applicable to RL.

Quote:
'And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom'.