View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 06:12 AM   #287
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Lianda was laughing so hard inside she struggled to keep from falling off her stool onto the floor in a very unlady-like manner. Their little 'argument' amused her some what, probably more so than it should have done. Now joined by Umwë, Lianda tried her best not to let the ale have its way with her.

The mood in the Inn was somewhat more jovial and the sounds of conversation grew louder and the familiar clink of ale mugs more frequent.

“How long have you been around here?” Umwë suddenly asked and his head turned from Eodwine to Lianda constantly.

"Here in the Inn, or Edoras?" Lianda tried to recollect how long she had actually been in the Inn and exactly how many mugs of ale she had drunk, it had to be a lot of mugs as she could not get an answer to either. Lianda shrugged and had some more ale, prehaps that would enlighten her. "I can answer neither exactly as this fine ale has clouded my judgement, but i've been in Edoras less than a day.......i think...." Lianda continued.

Eodwine had obviously not heard the question as he was srepeating the same line to his ditty over and over again changing one or two words at a time. He had seemingly forgotten the next phrase, or was that just the ale showing through?

"May I ask you the same question? I'm pretty sure you'd be able to answer with a little more certainty!" asked Lianda smiling.