View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 01:15 PM   #324
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Hmmm. Why is it that, without a smiley, it can sometimes be difficult to see that written words are intended as a joke? And I hate using smileys. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Child, I completely understand Cami's dilemma. Mith is also going a bit stir-crazy. Because of his position in the story, as well as how his character developed, he does not have the option of going off on an "adventure" or causing chaos. I had the same problem immediately after the defeat of the Blue Wizards way back when. The story became decidedly Hobbit-oriented, leaving Mith with little to do until Gondolin. The same occurred after Gondolin.

Part of this is because we are now being sooo careful with the plot, knowing that we are in a wind-up mode and preparing our little jaunt into RPGdom for conversion into fan fiction. As a result, this has been the longest virtual 20 days of the story.

I agree with Pio. Take on another character. We could also spice things up a bit. Sauron would have certainly extended his search for Angara eastwards by now. We could also compress the remaining 11 days a bit. Things will pick up when we enter the tombs of course.