View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #26
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron the White View Post
Once you accept the fact that one medium - a film - is not another medium - a book - its all an individual judgment that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Will the public embrace it through the purchasing of tickets? That is the only question that gets a film made.
Yes, I agree - & to avoid getting into the old discussion again I think we can take that as read. My point here is that, because I agree, I reckon the studio would rather see the proposed 'sequel' to TH put out than a movie of TH. Maybe no TH movie, or maybe the 'sequel', with the White Council, Aragorn, Arwen, Legolas (Boromir & Faramir???) - which is what LotR movie fans want, apparently- first, & then the TH movie (possibly where the speculation that TH would be put back for a year comes from?? - release the one fans want first & leave the other one till later - rather than risk the franchise by putting out the less popular one first).
davem is offline   Reply With Quote