Thread: Misc. Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 11:37 AM   #2
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorthaur the Cruel
#2 the Silmaril says that after Finrod was slain, he was able to walk with Finarfin, his father again. Does this mean his soul was rehoused like Glorfindel?
Yes. This was not a unique occurrence is Glorfindel's case. Many Elves were rehoused in Valinor. The uniqueness is that he returned to Middle-earth. Any Elves who had lived a good life were entitled to be rehoused, and it is clear that Finrod was one of the best and noblest of the Noldor. If Glorfindel was entitled to be rehoused, so was he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorthaur the Cruel
#3 Did the house of Fingolfin & Finarfin (except Galadriel) swore the oath of Feanor?
No. Only Feanor and his seven sons swore the Oath. Hence, only they were bound by it. However, ALL the Noldor who went to Middle-Earth (incl. Galadriel) were under the Curse of Mandos, which is a seperate, though related, matter.

As for the other questions, they are not so straightforward, so I'll either hold back on answering, or give myself time to ferment some answers.

Last edited by Formendacil; 08-03-2005 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Typos...
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote