View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 06:57 AM   #8
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Worry presses upon me-our village is eerily bereft of noise, and my time is fast running out. I have no choice but to vote despite the almost total lack of clues.

I shall at least do the courtesy of explaining this course of action as best I can.

The chansons du geste and ballads telling of werewolf attacks, from the days of yore in Nargothrond to the present day, all sing of the terror and impotency felt by villagers on the first day after the werewolves have struck. There is little solid to go on; most of the limited information-and hence power-that exists is in the hands of the wolves.

As a result, the village can do worse things than delivering itself, in the opening day, into the grasp of chance. If we each claim to vote for a randomly selected candidate, it will hamper lupine movements when manipulating bandwagons. It is likely one of us will happen to pick a wolf, and if that wolf is later caught, even if s/he is not chosen today, how others reacted to the threat against him/her may be telling.

I would add, though, that if, by chance, a bandwagon seems to be building due to random selections falling on the same person, it would be best to introduce an element of artifice and eliminate them from your options in order to maintain a spread vote.

Of course, whether you decide to take this advice is entirely up to you. It's not at all foolproof, naturally. I usually distrust rigid plans myself, so I merely leave this as a possible solution to be taken or left. But for want of anything better, I will follow it myself.

One further thing: as a squire following the path of chivalry, I will not vote for damsels without a proper reason. I therefore randomly pick out of the males:

++Gandalf_the_white

Last edited by Anguirel; 01-21-2006 at 07:02 AM.
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote