View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 05:27 PM   #31
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
tricky davem

Well, any exeption just underlines the rules, I reckon

For one, I may not be a good judge of animals and their fate in afterlife, being myself a human

For two, in ME, the latter version of what Huan was may be brought in to my add - animal raised by Valar to have ability of speech, but still no fëa

For three, I always had a feeling that hröa≠body and fëa≠mind, or if it does, equality is not precise, it is approximate. As in Christian theology, spirit≠soul, though the terms in layman's mouth may be interchangeable

For four, does the thought of the quote mean any thought? For surely, to move about, animals must have nervous systems, brains, and, therefore, some processes resembling thinking process of a human. But I suppose by thought the abstract thought is meant

But the stress of my previous post should have been more gravely put on fëar, rather than on matter - though in original plan the union of fëar and hröar was to be eternal, the taint brought into the matter --> hröar by Melkor/Morgoth brought about the need of redemption, and Arda Remade. Hence - all matter as it is now should be destroyed and remade. + Fall of Men (partially caused by effect tainted matter had on fëar of men, for the two affect each other)

But we've been through this before, haven't we?

PS And I do remember the fox which saw three hobbits sleeping under the three. Just don't ask.

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 01-10-2005 at 05:32 PM.
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote