View Single Post
Old 01-17-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Absolutely Not. Though I'm over my anger now, I think I'll quote what I said about it at first: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oh, but it is worth it. When you make a film soooo confusing that many people ignore more than half the detail and can barely hang on to the thread of the story, you would think that it was produced exclusively for the fans. Then, in a sequel, PJ (along with others) makes the story soooo corny and far from the original that you could almost call it a cheap remake if it weren't for the effects and scenery. <P>With each blow to the defense of Helm's Deep, and each step Frodo took away from Mordor, I looked ahead in my mind to the RotK, and watched the white tower of Minas Tirith crumble, and the armies of Gondor shrivel and fail. I fear now that Frodo will fail in his quest, and that the Morgul army will get past the second circle. Arwen will set sail, and Faramir will be excecuted by Denethor. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>and<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I still find it hard to believe that they cut the movie off half way through each Book (by books I mean III and IV). I was looking forward to an amazing scene including Torech Ungol and Sam's fight with Shelob. The issue of the Palantir of Orthanc was never touched because instead of fetching Treebeard to help at Helm's Deep, Gandalf went to Eomer (who was already supposed to be there, and should have been fighting throughout the entire movie)! Merry and Pippin are left waiting at Isengard, when I was SO looking forward to a closing scene with Gandalf and Pippin riding Shadowfax to Minas Tirith at dawn. Oh well, I suppose all we can do is wait and hope that this disaster is fixed, and the third is as good as the first.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>