View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #1244
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The (un)dead body count rises

Well, this was supposed to go up earlier, but I accidentally fell asleep for half a day.

This week I went on a little trip to England and met Mithalwen and Hookbill.

I met Mith first. We made the pilgrimage to the Bird and Baby, and she showed me around Oxford. She is in real life very much like on the Downs - very nice and supportive and claiming to be less than she is.

Hook has a great sense of humour and is fun to hang out with. He took me to a really nerdy bar, which was filled with memorabilia from all sorts of fantasy/scifi fandoms and made my geek heart melt a little. We had a mini adventure with my umbrella, from which random parts have fallen off and which is wibbly-wobbly enough to make the Doctor proud, but somehow still serves the purpose of keeping rainwater off your upper body and refuses to just die already.

I have to keep it brief here, because falling asleep in the middle of the day means I still have to at least do the prep for tomorrow's lectures. I just want to thank both Mith and Hook for making the effort and going out of their way to meet up with me. Seriously, you guys are awesome! Thanks for the mini-moots!