View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 08:13 AM   #80
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
No! For the last time I am NOT 28!.... sorry guys, the guy dressed in gray with a weird stick in his hand was holding me at the door... he kept saying "you... shall not pass!!!! unless you are young enough for the middle age club." But I'm here!

Now, I can't even recall when it was the first time I read LoTR. I actually started by the Hobbit, but I can't recall when I read that either. I must have been around 14-ish when I read the Hobbit and immediately after I read LoTR. The thing I remember the most was finishing The Two Towers almost by midnight on a Saturday and trying to convince my parents to take me in a wild hunt for any open bookstores that might have The Return of the King. THEY WERE TAKING FRODO, AND HE WAS ALIVE!!!!

That was a looong loong night, first thing the following morning I got RoTK.

Since then I have read the Silmarillion, finished (reading) Unfinished Tales, Roverandom and Tales from the Perilous Realm. I also started Lost Tales but didn't quite catch on with it.

But hey! I'm glad to be here... and don't worry Rune, I'm still far from married... Perhaps we should start the "Tolkien Singles (and not looking to get married soon) club"