View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 06:54 PM   #392
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

51.5 miles and half a mile to Stock, where a rest at the Golden Perch awaits me. I have a blister which slows me down a bit, but for tomorrow's walking I'm going to go searching around for my Elf boots which are just a teeny bit loose, therefore not scraping against my feet as much. *casts foul look at dwarven boots, which were the cause of the blister*

Let's see, with 215 days to the deadline and 406 miles left to go, I should have to walk close to 2 miles per day. Yes, that sounds about right. What this hobbit has already been doing.

Do any of our BD walkers ever visit the official WtR page and read the newsletters? Or anything else there? I myself am waiting for the song results to be out.

Walking is very dangerous for me at the moment. It gives me such wonderful ideas for various books I'm writing and I can't put them down, for my writing computer currently has no keyboard. I wonder if Bilbo ever found inspiration in simply getting out of doors and on the road? Colorful and beautiful descriptions for his book? Reawakened memories of his journey to the Lonely Mountain?