View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #12
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belegorn View Post
I'm not really sure it's quite the same, although they are lesser. Like there is Hebe who serves the Olympians for example, but it seems for the most part they all do their own thing. The Fates, not even Zeus is above, and remember they had to overthrow their parents and their brethren, the Titans who were the first gods, after Cronus castrated his own father Ouranos before that. There is one real similarity with Poseiden and the gods of all the various waters, the rivers, streams, etc., who are under him. And Zeus is the father of the Gods and Men. Some of the Olympians like Apollo and Ares are his children, not so with the Valar. Hercules ascended to godhood was once a man.
That's all true, and I agree that the forming and the history of the division is very different. But the concept is pretty similar, I think. They're all gods, but some have more power and distinction than others. That's the main parallel I was thinking of.