View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 03:23 PM   #16
Galorme
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galorme has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It was a tower like Minith Tirith (the first one on Tol Sirion). Or at least that's the impression i got. I am not so sure about Towers, because Minis Tirith (the White City) was a city, or a massive fortress.

Thanks a lot for that Rumil, thats a pretty good way of looking at it. A battle with armies would have been unlikely, I think it would have had more mention. *Checks the tale of years*

Ohh here is something interesting. Apparently there was never a battle as such. Saruman (in the year *arg dropped the book* 2851) stopped the council attacking Dul Guldor, after Gandalf (who infiltrated it the previous year) says that it must not be allowed to stand. It wasn't till 90 years later that Saruman agreed to the attack, but as soon as he did Sauron abandoned Dul Guldor in favour of Mordor. Saruman probably tipped him off.

So yeah Gandalf was really blowing his own horn a little bit when he said that they had driven out Sauron. In fact he has just threatened to attack and thus causes Sauron to flee.