View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #518
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Been a while since I've drawn a complete picture for this, but I've just finished the woodland backdrop for Camp. I looked at the map, and decided that Stuff It, it's going to be Brethil, because silver birch is a fun tree.

It'll be behind a broken set of movie!Rivendell style arches, and I'll be fading between this, Doriath, and Aman as appropriate over the three Enteract songs.

EDIT: So I was thinking about how Dream fits into the show, and I realised that the V2 staging has tricked me into thinking it's a Beren song. It's not! It's Luthien's, and it's a direct response to the Aria. Thingol stealing the mic is an analogue of him imprisoning Luthien up in a tree (and I believe Melian wasn't keen on that, either!); Dream stands in the place of her escape.

To do that, it blends in her vision of Beren in Tol Sirion, pulling it forward in her timeline and backwards in his. In fact I don't think Luthien has a vision here: it's all Beren's. "Still Beren dreams that thou dost sing", as Melian said in the Lay, and though the context is different it's still the case.

The upshot of all this is: Dream will open with Luthien alone in Doriath. Beren and his arches will only fade in later, because I don't have to worry about moving him onto a real stage.

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 09-14-2021 at 02:09 PM.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote