View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 06:59 AM   #514
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
It's out of the system. Edited, musiced, and even videoed. Maedhros and Fingon are alive.

I couldn't resist looking up what artwork people made for that scene. There are some really nice pictures out there, so then obviously I had to make a video, and therefore re-download Movie Maker (which I've last used back in like grade 5 to make stupid videos using Paint with the rest of my class during Computers and Technology class). Of note, apparently the new version doesn't allow you to save progress on the project unless you pay, and you lose all your work after you export the video. It also refused to animate some of the pictures for no explicable reason. Anyway, I found some very nice artwork, but also unwittingly discovered this whole genre of F+M romantic fanfic art, which I had no desire of seeing ever. Lesson: mind where you tread on the internet.

So now that I've dedicated the last two free-ish days entirely to this and exhausted myself trying to work the tech, it's now officially out of my system, and I am back to Zonging in peace. Actually, this singing was not too bad, I think my voice is nearly back. That might mean Elf Choir soon (next week?).
That's lovely! I really liked the invocation of the burning at Losgar, which I hadn't caught in the written lyrics; also the two Tolkien lines, "O King" and "Above all shadows". (My own headcanon is that "In western lands beneath the sun" is in fact the song sung by Fingon and Maedhros; it doesn't make the blindest bit of sense, since even in the Round World setting there was definitely no sun in Valinor in their childhood, but it pleases me. ^_^)

The plea to Manwe done this way got me thinking about how the pair would have seen the intervention: the first indication either of them had had that the Valar hadn't entirely forsaken them. (Er... other than Anar, of course!) It makes me wonder whether they would have kept it as a private miracle, or spread it about to give their people hope.

Movie Maker is... yeah. I wound up downloading a version from about 2008 to get it to work right for the Zong (before I switched to whatever I'm using now). Ummm... Wikipedia claims that the "paid version" is actually a scam, though the only scam elements are 1) asking you to pay and 2) making it hard to install the 2016 version of the software, which kind of sucked anyway.

hS