View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 08:51 AM   #493
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
That's because I accidentally used your link. -_- Here we go - the actual me singing.
Hey, I think I like it! Once it's smoothed out (and notes anticipated ), it will be great! It's encouraging that the music sounds like what I intended it to be in the good places, and it's actually not so bad in the places I thought are a bit contrived.

A small shift downward is remarkably easy to do, so it's still on the table at any point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
It could be any one of a dozen things in Sindarin; the natural read would be dîr-coll, but that means [man/difficult]-[cloak/hollow]. It's very tempting to derive it from the English 'dirk', ie knife, but that leaves -ol, and why would they be coining cod-Middle English terms in a Russian fanfic?
Because the author is mad in the most beautiful way possible and derives words from unexpected places. Like deidi that I mentioned before - look me in the eye and tell me that has nothing to do with "daddy". There's a bunch more clearly English words that have been stylized. But in this case, "difficult cloak" is not actually out of the question, if "difficult" means "intricate". So perhaps Sindarin after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Sadly it ran into the usual A/V project problem: plenty of writers (we had full scripts for Fall of the Noldor and Lay of Luthien), plenty of voice-actors, and nobody who could do music or visuals.

Hilariously, the forum is still there; apparently I also started a script for War of Wrath (I keep finding scraps of paper with bits of this on it), and - sound familiar? - a translation of a foreign script for Fall of Gondolin.
That's a whole forum just for that project!!! That is amazing! Sad that it didn't see action though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
... and there is actually a trace of Fall of the Noldor in the Zong. During the Oath, the swords coming in one by one is directly how I played it in the script:
It lives on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
The world's first native speaker of Elvish is going to be a Google autocorrect AI. Love it.