View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #3257
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Hah! I love the way people can make their characters interpret situations in so many ways outside any scope I have or could have...

How is it possible some people write novels on their own without all these totally un-thought-of view-points? Well, maybe that's why great novelists are great when they can do all that alone?

But yes, I'm enjoying all this totally odd interpretation! This is the stuff great stories are told from...

It is great people post from totally different POV's and misunderstand each other's character's intentions, but we should pay heed to the "facts" anyway - however loosely we'll need to define the word 'fact' here.

I have one thing I'd just like to make notice, and it is in the last post where you write as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeryn
Where do you expect a family like Stigend and Modtryth with their son, or Garstan with his two little ones, to go in the midst of winter?
They have no reason to fear for their place or to be uncertain - or to feel unwanted. On the contrary, lord Athanar has a high respect to his craftsmen - he even allowed one more of the old craftmen to be called for if you have forgotten.

Lord Athanar has a great respect for professionals and he is very much happy with the bunch he has there at the Mead Hall, and he has treated them with full respect thinking they are now his men whom he cares and respects. He might have his views about the plans as he is a little bit of an aesthete / architect himself and he will see his will to be done in a tight place - but he is also willing to listen to the professionals and change his plans accordingly.

So I think there should be no fear in the craftsmen that their stature was pending or otherwise insecure at the Mead Hall - not all of them, none, need to like lord Athanar, but none of them should feel insecure or left alone or threathened. No way.

It's okay for me if Saeryn has no knowledge or understanding of how things stand in relation to Athanar and the craftsmen and she speaks just off the truth from her totally misguided understanding of the situation, but if you Foley think Saeryn should be cognizant of how things go around the Mead Hall you might like to edit that part.

Up to you Foley, well up to Saeryn...

EDIT: I think I actually said in a post a long time ago that Athanar brought forwards no craftsmen of his own as he was told by king Eomer there were excellent hands at the Mead Hall already... enough for any renovation project.

EDIT2: It just hit me... actully Athanar bringing forth just one master craftsman with him might make a nice possibility for play along the craftsmen... There has been no mention of that person thus far but there has been little posting about the craftsmen anyway, so we could add that one there for sure? Anyone interested in taking that role?

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-06-2011 at 02:44 PM.